Types of Car Accidents We Handle in Watertown, MA
At Kelly & Associates, we help victims of every conceivable type of car accident. We appreciate that every accident and every accident victim is different. Our commitment to our clients starts with listening to their stories to understand not only the facts and circumstances of the accident but also to learn how an unexpected and devastating injury has reshaped their lives.
The motor vehicle accident matters we commonly handle for our clients in Watertown include:
What We Do on Behalf of Watertown Car Accident Victims
When a car accident disrupts a person’s life, finding a lawyer may not be their first priority. Instead, they worry about recovering from injuries and finding a way to get back to work or school. Still, at some point, many car accident victims find that they need help to recover the compensation they are owed by insurance companies or the parties who caused the accident. That is where the experienced car accident attorneys at Kelly & Associates may be able to help.
In a typical car accident matter, our team can do the following on behalf of our clients:
- Investigation – We know how to gather and analyze the evidence relevant to our clients’ car accidents and injuries. That may include visiting the accident scene, interviewing witnesses and collecting evidence from law enforcement. It always includes sitting down with our clients and hearing their stories face-to-face.
- Case preparation – Our trial lawyers know how to prepare the strongest, most convincing case we can for our clients. Often, that includes working with accident reconstruction and medical experts who can opine on the causes and consequences of our clients’ injuries.
- Settlement negotiation – In many of the cases we handle, we deal directly with insurance companies that owe money to our clients and negotiate the appropriate amount of compensation that the insurer should pay. We also meet with opposing attorneys who represent the parties who caused our clients’ injuries. We do our best to reach a favorable resolution for our clients.
- Litigation – As trial attorneys, however, we know that sometimes our clients’ interests are not served by settling a case before trial. At Kelly & Associates, we are always prepared to take our clients’ cases before a judge and jury in order to recover the compensation they deserve.
Working with Kelly & Associates means having a client-centered, compassionate, determined advocate on your side. Not a paralegal. Not a case manager. A lawyer whose first priority is pursuing the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Hurt in a Watertown Car Accident? Take These Steps
If you or a loved one have sustained an injury in a Watertown car accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to compensation. We encourage you to take the steps detailed in this checklist to protect your rights to fair and just compensation for your injuries, which may include:
- Seeking immediate medical treatment – Our first priority for all of our clients is that they receive the medical treatment they need for their injuries. Nothing is more important. Not only does seeking immediate medical attention for your car accident injuries keep you as healthy as possible, it also helps to show the severity of your injury and the fact that you sustained it in a car accident.
- Keeping all of your records – Medical bills and other expenses related to your injury can pile up quickly. You may be tempted to throw them in the garbage, but it’s better you keep them. Your attorney may be able to use them as strong evidence of the damages a car accident caused you.
- Obtain the accident report – You can obtain a copy of your accident report at this Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles website, or from the Watertown Police Department.
- Avoid talking to an insurance adjuster – The insurance adjuster for the person who caused your accident may try to contact you. It’s best you let your attorney talk with them. Adjusters do not have your best interests at heart. They want to minimize the amount of your damages that they will have to pay. Do not agree to any settlement or sign any paperwork an insurance company offers you before speaking to an attorney.
- Stay off social media – Instagram, Facebook and Twitter are places where people show the “best” versions of themselves. An insurance adjuster or opposing attorney will see any smiling picture you post or happy moment you share as evidence you were not really injured in a car accident their client caused, or that your injuries were not as severe as you claim. Do yourself (and your attorney) a favor and stay off social media until your attorney gives you the all-clear.
A Watertown, Massachusetts Car Accident Attorney Will Fight for You
If you or a loved one have suffered a severe injury, or if your loved one has been killed in an auto accident in Watertown, the compassionate, client-focused, experienced car accident attorneys of Kelly & Associates want to hear from you. You may be entitled to significant compensation if you act quickly. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.