Have you recently been injured in an accident in the Waltham, Massachusetts area? Are you wondering whether you are entitled to financial compensation for your pain and suffering? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then contact Kelly and Associates. Conveniently located at 93 Atlantic Avenue in Boston, Kelly and Associates is a personal injury law firm that is known for delivering impressive financial results and five-star service to injured clients in the Greater Boston area.
Proven Success Helping Accident Victims in Waltham
Personal injury attorneys vary widely in terms of their knowledge and expertise. Seeking the guidance of an attorney who is highly familiar with Massachusetts laws and the tactics of prominent defense lawyers in the Boston area is vital to a successful outcome in a personal injury case. As a distinguished graduate of New England Law in Boston, Michael D. Kelly is highly familiar with the legal landscape of the Waltham area.
Mr. Kelly’s commitment to helping Waltham residents extends beyond the millions of dollars of verdicts and settlements he has successfully negotiated. He is personally committed to improving the health and well-being of citizens in the North End neighborhood where Kelly and Associates is located. In addition to volunteering as a coach for youth sporting events, Mr. Kelly volunteers to raise money for Boston Children’s Hospital.
What are Some Common Types of Injuries Caused by Accidents in the Boston Area?
Figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) show that there were over 30 million emergency room visits for injuries in 2016. At the top of the list of causes for these injuries are motor vehicle accidents and falls. Residents in the Boston area must be especially vigilant while driving as motorists in Waltham and greater Boston are 157% more likely to be involved in a car accident than the average driver. People who sustain injuries from falls and accidents often have the following types of injuries:
- Bodily injuries: Physical injuries such as broken bones, lacerations, blindness, and damage to connective tissue are common
- Mental health distress: Accident victims often experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), in which they relive aspects of the accident
- Chronic pain and addiction: While less common, some victims suffer from long-term pain and may develop an addiction to pain medications
Who Could Be at Fault in Your Accident Case?
Accidents and injuries are often the result of maltreatment or gross negligence by employers, drivers, business owners, or even total strangers. They can occur on Boston’s streets and highways, within the confines of a business, or in a healthcare facility. For the most part, personal injuries are the result of one or more of the following:
- Drivers of cars and motorcycles who were careless or failed to comply with driving laws
- Employers, such as the employer of two Boston-area construction employees who died as a result of a lack of safety training
- Manufacturers of cars, heavy vehicles, or motorcycles that are found to be defective
- Hospital and nursing home operators who fail to provide safe care for patients
- Hotel and casino operators who fail to provide a safe and secure environment for guests