A Cambridge injury lawyer can be instrumental in helping accident victims recover compensation for damages. Find out how much they make in advocating on your behalf.
Suffering an injury caused by the negligent actions of another can be frightening and overwhelming. Even after the initial trauma subsides, you may have significant financial burdens to deal with. You can file an injury claim against the party responsible for your injuries and property damage. However, trying to recover damages while also recovering from bodily injuries can be difficult.
Fortunately, this is where Cambridge injury lawyers can help. They play a significant role in helping injury victims secure fair compensation against the at-fault party. However, many injury victims hesitate to hire an attorney. They would rather represent themselves than pay legal fees for a law firm to represent them.
Most people often wonder how much a Cambridge injury lawyer charges. They are worried they will fall victim to a dishonest injury lawyer. Of course, all this is a fair concern as many attorneys provide expensive and unnecessary services. This article helps you understand the earning capacity of a Cambridge injury lawyer.
How Long Does It Take to Receive an Offer of Compensation?
When making an injury claim, thousands of clients wonder how long it will take to receive an offer of compensation. There is no hard and fast rule to this, as many factors may affect the duration. However, it is essential to cooperate with your lawyer.
Factors that can affect this legal process include:
- The extent of your injuries
- The time it takes to review and compile evidence for your case
- Whether or not the responsible party accepts or denies liability for your injuries
- The willingness of the insurance providers to make an offer
- The amount of settlement demanded, etc.
What Affects the Value of a Cambridge Injury Lawyer’s Payment?
Many forums and blogs have attempted to answer this question. This is because many people are curious about how much a lawyer makes. Attorney’s fees range from hundreds to thousands of dollars depending on the nature of the case.
The earning capacity of a Cambridge injury lawyer depends on many factors. There are different kinds of lawyers in the legal field, many of whom specialize in various areas of law. In particular, personal injury is a broad spectrum of law.
It involves a wide range of cases which includes:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Accidents at construction sites
- Dog bite injuries
One factor that affects how much lawyers charge for personal injury claims is the ability to easily identify the at-fault parties and the complexity of a case. The duration of the claim is also essential.
Therefore, if you have an easy case that ends with negotiating with an insurance company, you pay low legal fees. But if the case goes to court, you pay more. Finally, the lawyer’s experience can also affect how much they charge.
What Percentage Do Cambridge Injury Lawyers Take for Personal Injury Cases?
As already established, an injured party is eligible to receive compensation for their injuries from the responsible party. However, they have to contend with insurance adjusters, whose job is to pay out little or no money to injured persons. Therefore, it is important to have experienced accident attorneys recover compensation benefits on your behalf.
But how much percentage do experienced attorneys take for legal representation? Most personal injury attorneys work using a contingency fee arrangement otherwise called “No Win, No Fee.” Thus, they earn a percentage of the compensation they recover for your accident claim.
Generally, personal injury attorneys take 30% to 40% of the gross amount of monetary compensation. That is, a percentage of the settlement you win through your insurance claim or what is awarded by the judge in a personal injury lawsuit. However, they do not get paid if you don’t recover any money.
This fee arrangement is favored by most injury lawyers as accident claims often last for a long duration. Several factors influence the success fee charged by lawyers. Some of these factors are stated in the Massachusetts Rules of Professional Conduct.
They include the following:
- A lawyer located in a populated area will likely earn more than one practicing in a rural area
- The complexity and novelty of the claims process
- The estimated amount of time and labor to be spent on your case
- The amount involved and the result expected
- Years of experience and reputation of the lawyer
- The skills required to advocate on your behalf
- The specific circumstances of your case
- The time limitation imposed by the client
- The estimated compensation to be recovered
- The likelihood that taking your case will preclude taking other employment by the lawyer, etc.
Is the Contingency Fee Arrangement Worth It?
The contingency fee arrangement is beneficial to you and your Cambridge injury lawyer. However, the fee arrangement may not cover other overhead costs associated with handling your case. These costs include filing fees, cost of expert witnesses, photocopying fees, costs of obtaining police reports or medical records, etc.
The contingency fee arrangement is worth it. It benefits not just the attorney but also the client as it governs the relationship between parties. The benefits include the following:
- It allows accident victims who could not ordinarily afford a lawyer to seek counsel.
- You are not required to pay any upfront or hourly fee.
- You do not have to pay any out-of-pocket fees.
- The fee arrangement motivates your lawyer to start working on your case in earnest and expeditiously.
- Using a contingency arrangement ensures your interest and that of your lawyer are closely aligned since they only get paid if you win.
- The lawyer’s fees will be an agreed percentage of the compensation recovered through settlement or judgment.
- This fee structure provides a win-win situation for everyone.
- There is no financial risk to you if your claim does not result in compensation.
Let a Cambridge Injury Lawyer Help You Get Compensation for Your Injuries!
If you have been injured because of another’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation. You deserve a settlement without any added financial stress. A personal injury lawyer can significantly impact your chance of securing maximum compensation. Thus, the fear of paying for legal representation should not prevent you from hiring a lawyer.
The legal team at Kelly & Associates has extensive experience representing injury victims. We will fight to get you a fair settlement. Are you worried about the legal costs of making a compensation claim? We offer a no-win, no-fee arrangement, meaning you don’t pay any upfront fee to start your claim.
If we don’t win your case, you won’t owe us a dime. Schedule a free no-obligation consultation with our Cambridge injury lawyers today to get the help you need.