Causes of Massachusetts Truck Accidents
The statistics on truck accidents in Massachusetts reveal the extent of the danger to residents of the area. An alarming number of unsafe trucks operate in the area. According to CBS Boston, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has reported that during the past five years, the rate of unsafe violations related to truck maintenance in Massachusetts was 41 percent higher than the reported national average. Driver violations were reported as being 32 percent higher, and violations involving hazardous material were reported as being 212 percent higher. There are many different causes of truck accidents. If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, our Boston accident lawyers may be able to help!
Causes of truck accidents include the following:
- Unsecure cargo
- Tired driver
- Faulty truck safety systems (brakes, tires, etc.)
- Aggressive truck driver
- Unsafe lane changes
- Jackknife accidents
- Unsafe following distance
- Driving too fast for road conditions
- Drunk driver
- Drug intoxicated driver
- Texting driver
- Unsafe turns (underride accidents)
Injuries from Truck Accidents
A truck accident often leads to serious, catastrophic, or fatal injuries, with other motorists paying the price for a trucker’s careless conduct. The types of injuries sustained in truck accidents include:
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries
- Crush injuries
- Severe soft tissue injuries
Who is Liable for Your Injuries?
When a tractor-trailer accident occurs, several liable parties may be identified, including the truck driver, trucking firm, truck manufacturer, parts manufacturer, or firm that unsafely loaded or serviced a truck.
At Kelly & Soto Law, our Boston truck accident lawyers conduct a thorough investigation to uncover every liable party. We will seek fair compensation from them, either in settlement negotiations or at trial, if necessary.
Why Choose Our Boston Accident Lawyers?
It can be difficult to know which law firm to contact after a truck accident in Boston. Here’s why to choose Kelly & Soto Law:
- We offer a 30-day, risk-free, guarantee: If you are unhappy for any reason with our legal services within the first 30 days, your file will be returned free of charge.
- Our firm operates on a contingency fee basis. We only charge legal fees if we are successful in recovering compensation for you.
- We are available to our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our partners are both listed in “Top 40 Under 40” by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
- We aggressively pursue the maximum allowed by law in settlements and at trial.
- We have settled hundreds of cases, some of which were settled for six figures.
Our Boston truck accident attorney will remain in close contact at every step as your case unfolds. We make ourselves available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we are always available to discuss any questions and concerns.
Take advantage of our offer for a free case evaluation and meet with us. We will be working closely with you at every step of the process. We consider our relationships with our clients to be one of the most important aspects of our legal work. Call today.