Boston Injury Attorneys
What will a Boston injury lawyer do for your injury claim?
A serious personal injury accident can change your life.
After a personal injury caused by another, you have to prove that you are entitled by Massachusetts’ law to monetary compensation for your injuries. That involves showing that the actions of the at-fault individual or business caused the accident and resulted in your injuries and their actions were negligent. That is where the skilled Boston personal injury attorneys at Kelly & Soto Law can help.
A personal injury attorney at Kelly & Soto Law will review your accident, answer your questions and explain your legal rights based on the specific factors in the case. We will treat you with professional respect and courtesy. If we determine that you have a valid claim, we will identify all the responsible parties and gather supporting evidence.
Our Boston injury lawyers will aggressively pursue compensation on your behalf and keep you informed at every stage in the process.
Why should I hire a Lawyer?
Hiring an experienced, energetic attorney can make all the difference in the amount of compensation you receive after a personal injury accident in Boston. If you or your loved one has been seriously injured, you are undoubtedly going through a highly stressful time. Dealing with insurance companies and worrying about financial questions while you are trying to regain your health can compound your stress and slow your recovery.
A skilled Boston injury attorney can deal with the insurance adjusters and the legal issues surrounding your accident and take that stress off of you so you can focus on your recovery. Having an experienced lawyer deal with the insurance companies prevents you from making any statement to an insurance adjuster that could adversely affect your claim.
An experienced Boston personal injury lawyer has a general sense of the value of your case from having handled similar accident claims and will negotiate aggressively for a fair settlement that reflects that value. Having a lawyer standing up for your legal rights shows the insurance company that you are serious about being compensated for the harm that you have suffered.
The attorneys at Kelly & Soto handle personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. We understand that after a serious accident, you do not need the added expense of paying an attorney. You will not owe us any legal fee unless we obtain compensation for you and your family.
What can I recover after I’m injured?
A personal injury accident – whether for example it is a car accident, pedestrian accident or slip-and-fall accident—can result in substantial unanticipated medical bills and other losses such as lost income if you are unable to work. You should not have a burden of debt for injuries caused by the negligence of another.
Massachusetts’ law entitles individuals who sustain injuries caused by the fault of others to claim monetary compensation for medical treatment, estimated future costs of medical care and rehabilitation, damage to property such as a wrecked car, as well as reimbursement for the loss of income and reduced earning capacity.
Other compensatory damages that may be recovered are compensation for pain and suffering, physical disfigurement and loss of companionship with a spouse. The amount that can be recovered after a personal injury accident will depend on the specific facts of the accident.
What a personal injury attorney can do for you
The attorneys at Kelly & Soto Law believe it is very important to hire a lawyer immediately after an accident to make sure that the accident scene is thoroughly documented and no evidence is lost.
Our approach is to conduct a detailed investigation and collect enough evidence supporting your injury claim to build a compelling case for compensation.
The evidence we gather includes:
- The police accident report
- Statements from witnesses
- Photographs of the accident scene
- Cell phone records
- Hospital records and doctors’ records
- Traffic accident reconstruction analysis
- Logbooks and maintenance records of any commercial vehicles involved
- Information from the event data record in the vehicles involved
We will analyze your possible options for compensation. These include:
- At-fault driver’s liability insurance — Massachusetts requires drivers to have insurance coverage that pays for bodily injuries to others and damage to someone else’s property.
- Uninsured motorists’ coverage— You are required by Massachusetts’ law to have insurance protection to pay for bodily injuries to you and your passengers if you are struck by an uninsured motorist.
- Personal Injury Protection No Fault Insurance—If you are involved in an accident, you may be entitled to make a claim through your Personal Injury Protection insurance to cover minor medical bills and a portion of lost wages.
- Commercial liability coverage —Many businesses have general liability insurance to pay for on-site accidents and injuries. If you were injured in a slip-and-fall accident while shopping at a store, a claim against the store’s liability insurance might be in order depending on the facts of the accident and extent of the injuries.
How can we help?
After a serious accident, you will legal guidance that you can trust. We will deal with the insurance adjusters and guide you so that nothing is said or signed that could adversely affect your claim and undermine your ability to receive fair compensation.
We will calculate the monetary, physical and emotional losses that a personal injury accident has caused you and negotiate with the at-fault party’s auto insurance carrier or commercial liability insurance provider. If the insurance company agrees to a fair settlement, you will receive a check to cover your bills and other expenses.
If the insurance company refuses to make a just settlement, a personal injury lawsuit is the next step. We will pursue justice for you by filing an action in the Massachusetts court system. Insurance companies understand that we are seasoned trial attorneys at Kelly & Soto Law so they are usually willing to reach a pre-trial settlement to avoid going to court.