If you have been injured in an accident in Weymouth, MA, you may wish to contact an attorney to find out if you can file a personal injury claim for compensation. The founder of Kelly & Associates Injury Lawyers, Michael D. Kelly, is committed to protecting the rights of injured people and provides representation to clients who have been injured in accidents caused by:
- Uber or Lyft car accidents
- Electric scooter
- Pedestrian accidents
- Product liability
We understand that insurance companies may not offer the compensation you deserve or may even deny your claim. Before accepting the insurance company’s offer, speak to a personal injury lawyer in Weymouth, MA, by calling us at 1-800-LAW-GUYS.
Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
Hiring a personal injury attorney can be very helpful in filing a lawsuit if you have been injured by another person’s negligence. It may be especially important if:
- Your injuries appear to be long-term or will result in permanent disability. Determining how much compensation you need means figuring out how your injuries will impact your future earnings or if you will be able to earn a living in the future at all.
- Your injuries were severe, and your medical bills are accumulating faster than you can pay them.
- There are more than two parties involved in the lawsuit and it is difficult to ascertain who is responsible and for what share of the liability.
- The insurance company has denied your claim or offered you insufficient compensation for your injuries.
How a Personal Injury Attorney Can Help
If you have been injured by another person’s negligence, a personal injury lawyer in Weymouth, MA, can help by providing you with legal advice and representation. Most personal injury lawsuits settle before trial, and it is in an attorney’s best interests to get the fairest settlement possible as quickly as possible to avoid the time and expense of a trial. Having an attorney by your side during a settlement conference or at trial may be beneficial because an attorney can:
- Help you utilize your insurance coverage to pay medical bills, so you do not have to ask your healthcare provider to wait for payment.
- Help you gather evidence, such as medical reports, a police report, photos, videos, witness statements, and other documentation that you may need to prove your case.
- Help you deal with your insurance company. Insurance companies generally take a lot of time before offering a settlement amount. So you may have to contact them several times in an attempt to speed things up. When insurance companies realize that you have an attorney on the case, they may respond faster to your requests.
- Help you deal with the other party’s insurance company if they want you to make a statement about the accident.
- Try to obtain the fairest settlement possible. If this is unsuccessful, we can prepare your case for court and file a lawsuit or demand arbitration.
- Help you deal with any creditors involved in your case.