Kelly & Associates represents Watertown residents and visitors who have suffered personal injuries or a tragic death because of someone else’s negligence or recklessness. We are a client-centered practice. Our mission is to help those wrongfully injured or who have lost a loved one recover compensation to help them pay for medical bills, time off work, and the pain and difficulty moving forward with their lives after a catastrophe. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a knowledgeable, compassionate personal injury attorney.
Who We Are
We are Boston-area locals, born and bred. We know Watertown like the back of our hand, especially the food. On any given day, you might find us grabbing early morning eggs and coffee with a client at the New Yorker, waiting for a lahmejune hot out of the oven at Sevan Bakery, or shoveling down shish and shwarma at the St. James Armenian Festival. Watertown is a diverse, vibrant, and exciting place to live and work, and we’re proud to serve its residents day in, day out.
Attorney Michael D. Kelly graduated from New England Law School with honors. The National Trial Lawyers organization included him in its Top 40 Under 40 list of the best young lawyers in Massachusetts. He could have taken his skills to a high-powered corporate law firm downtown, but that wasn’t where his passion pointed him. Instead, Attorney Kelly chose to fight on behalf of people in and around Watertown struggling to recover from unexpected injuries and tragedies. He meets with his clients one-on-one to learn – not just about their accidents and injuries, but how their lives have changed as a result.
The Personal Injury Cases We Handle
People from around Watertown come to us seeking help for a wide variety of injuries, caused by an equally wide variety of accidents and incidents. Some of the most common injuries our clients have struggled with include:
- Wrongful death
- Traumatic brain injuries and concussions
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Nerve damage
- Sternum fractures
- Traumatic amputation and crush injuries
- Burns, scars, and disfigurement
- Broken bones and orthopedic injuries
- Back and neck injuries, including soft tissue damage
- Food-borne illnesses and disease
- Puncture and bite wounds
How these injuries happen can be as varied as the injuries themselves. But, some of the types of accidents and incidents that bring Watertown residents to us include:
- Motor vehicle accidents. As anyone who has tried to merge onto Galen Street from Main Street at 8 a.m., or been blinded by the setting sun while heading home on Belmont knows, Watertown roads are congested and chaotic, and accidents happen here. At Kelly & Associates, we represent victims of single and multi-car accidents, large truck accidents, and motorcycle accidents, and the families of those who have tragically died in those accidents..
- Pedestrian accidents. Crossing the street in Watertown shouldn’t be a dangerous exercise, but sometimes it is. Our city recently suffered through a tragedy in Watertown Square when a woman was struck and killed by a tow truck, and her son then stabbed the tow truck driver. When a pedestrian falls victim to careless or reckless driving, Kelly & Associates wants to help.
- Bicycle accidents. Many of Watertown’s residents bike to work and school. In May 2018 Watertown adopted a MassDOT-approved “Complete Streets” plan which will include a new bike lane on Mount Auburn Street. But, for the time being, riding a bicycle in Watertown remains hazardous. Cyclists risk being hit by cars and trucks in motion and colliding with parked cars and trucks in “dooring” incidents, all of which can lead to catastrophic injury and death.
- Boating accidents. Whether you’re rowing on the Charles or sailing in Boston Harbor, tragedy can strike on Boston-area waterways. We represent victims of accidental drownings and boating/jet ski collisions throughout the Boston metro area.
- Public transportation accidents. Injured on the T or an MBTA bus? Seeking compensation from a local government agency for injuries sustained in a bus crash or an incident on the Green line is no small task, but Kelly & Associates is up to the task.
- Construction accidents. Like many Boston-area towns, Watertown has seen its share of new construction in the past few years. With those projects come tragic accidents on construction sites. Workers take falls from unsafe scaffolding, hit power lines with equipment, and suffer injuries from falling debris and unsafe machinery.
- Unsafe property accidents. From a defective escalator to a slippery floor, visitors to other peoples’ properties run risks of taking a spill and suffering major injuries. Watertown property owners have an obligation to keep their businesses safe for their customers. When they fail to live up to that obligation, Kelly & Associates is here to help the victims.
- Dog attacks. Dog bites can leave Watertown residents, particularly young children who don’t know how to avoid and deal with a dangerous dog, with lifelong trauma and disfigurement. We know how to hold dog owners accountable for not keeping their neighbors safe.
- Defective products. Manufacturers of the products we use every day have a duty to make sure those products are safe for ordinary use. When their products fail and cause an injury or tragic death, Massachusetts law gives victims the right to recover significant damages.
Our Approach and Results
Kelly & Associates is a client-centered firm. We make listening to our clients and learning about their lives our first priority. And then we roll up our sleeves and get to work.
We have years of experience investigating and litigating personal injury claims on behalf of Watertown residents and their families. When we work with a client, our mission is to recover the maximum compensation our client deserves from insurance companies and parties at fault for our client’s injuries. Sometimes we are able to reach a settlement for our clients before trial, but if that isn’t possible, we are prepared to present our clients’ cases to Middlesex County judges and juries. Attorney Michael D. Kelly is a trial attorney who isn’t afraid to fight for his clients’ rights.
At Kelly & Associates, we’re proud of the results we’ve achieved for our clients, including:
- $145,000 for a client injured in a pedestrian accident;
- $100,000 for a client injured in a head-on collision;
- $70,000 for a woman struck by a vehicle while crossing the street.
The initial consultation for potential clients is always free. We also routinely represent our clients on a “contingent fee” basis, meaning we do not get paid unless and until our clients recover compensation through a settlement or jury verdict.
Experienced, Client-Centered Personal Injury Lawyer in Watertown
If you or a loved one have suffered injuries, or you have lost a loved one, because of someone else’s negligence or wrongful conduct, you may be entitled to compensation if you act quickly. The personal injury team at Kelly & Associates fights on behalf of Watertown residents and families who deserve justice and accountability for their losses. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.