If you are struggling to recover from a serious injury sustained in a slip and fall accident caused by the negligence of others in Taunton, MA, the legal team at Michael Kelly Injury Lawyers can help you seek just compensation for pain and suffering, out-of-pocket medical expenses, and lost income. Call (800) LAW-GUYS for a free consultation and case analysis. We will listen to your story, advise you of your rights, clarify our role as your legal representatives, and pursue justice on your behalf.
It is important to explore your legal options immediately after your injury. If your slip and fall was caused by the negligence of others, a slip and fall lawyer in Taunton, MA, with our firm can begin negotiations with one or more insurance companies to reach an acceptable settlement. Should your compensation offers be insufficient, we can assist you by filing a personal injury lawsuit to recover damages in court.
Slip and Fall Accidents
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Over 800,000 patients a year are hospitalized after an injury from a fall.
- 20% of all slip and fall accidents result in a broken bone..
- Head injuries and hip fractures are the two most serious results of a slip and fall.
- 3 million elderly persons are injured in slip and fall accidents each year..
Most slip and fall accidents occur in public spaces or private businesses.. This includes city streets, parks, government buildings, airports, cruise ships, stadiums, restaurants, shopping malls, hotels, motels, and office parks.
Negligence Is Failure to Provide Safe Environment
Massachusetts law protects the right of accident victims to seek damages for personal injuries suffered due to the negligent actions of others. Business owners and managers of apartment houses, office buildings, and even government facilities must take reasonable precautions to prevent slip and fall accidents. These include:
- Maintaining parking lots, curbs, and sidewalks.
- Providing adequate outside lighting.
- Keeping lobbies, hallways, and public walkways free of obstacles.
- Public bathroom floors must be free of debris, and any water spills must be removed.
- Adequate warning signs must be displayed if construction is underway or maintenance is being performed.
How Michael Kelly Injury Lawyers Can Help You
At Michael Kelly Injury Lawyers, we take pride in providing client-centered customer service. A slip and fall lawyer in Taunton, MA, from our office can help in a variety of ways:
Collecting Medical Evidence
Getting medical treatment immediately after your slip and fall accident can be helpful for a number of reasons.. First, it will ensure you receive prompt care for any injuries you suffered during your accident, and second, it will clearly connect your injuries to your accident in the eyes of the law.
Once you have engaged our firm, our legal team will begin to gather evidence that supports your claim, including statements from:
- Emergency room doctors and nurses who treated you.
- Medical specialists who can verify that all the treatments you received are necessary.
- Radiologists, who can explain X-rays, CAT scans, and MRIs that provide pictures of injuries sustained.
- Orthopedists and physical therapists, who can discuss limits to your physical range of motion due to wrist, elbow, knee, shoulder, neck, or spine damage.
- Psychologists, psychiatrists, or mental health counselors, who can testify regarding cognitive issues stemming from any concussion or mental anguish you suffered from the accident.