Drivers in and around Boston know car accidents happen pretty frequently, including the streets of Newton. Residents of the Garden City know, and the Newton Police Department reports, the worst trouble spots since the beginning of 2018 include the Centre Street & Washington Street merges near the Crowne Plaza (12 accidents since January 1), and the intersection near the athletic fields at Crafts Street and Albemarle Road (8 accidents).
Kelly & Associates is a Boston-area law firm that represents Newton residents and their families who have sustained injuries or lost loved ones in car accidents. Our mission is to help our clients survive one of the most difficult moments of their lives by alleviating the financial strain of unexpected medical expenses and lost income. We take a client-centered approach, guiding our clients not just through the process of seeking compensation from insurance companies and liable parties, but also through the emotional difficulty of beginning life again after a catastrophic injury or loss.
If a Newton-area accident that wasn’t your fault has left you struggling with injuries, or if you’ve lost a loved one to a tragic accident, you may be entitled to significant compensation if you act quickly. The experienced, compassionate team at Kelly & Associates may be able to help. Call us today to schedule a free consultation.
Helping Victims of Newton Car Accidents and their Families
Newton is a special place, home to families who for generations have flocked to its quiet neighborhoods and top-flight public schools. But, like any town bordering a major metro area, Newton also faces problems with traffic and congestion. Moving at a crawl along Walnut Street during evening rush hour, whether hoping to make to the second half of a kid’s lacrosse game Newton North, or waiting for an opening to zip into the Whole Foods parking lot, might as well be a local tradition. Unfortunately, when frustrations boil over in a tie-up, or a driver gets distracted by a text, accidents can happen and innocent people get hurt.
When tragedy strikes in the form of a car accident, Newton residents have a reliable legal resource in Attorney Michael Kelly, the founder of Kelly & Associates. Attorney Kelly graduated with honors from New England Law School, where he was on the law review. After receiving his J.D., he could have decided to work for white-shoe Boston firm, but instead, he chose to focus his practice on helping victims of Boston-area accidents whose lives have turned upside down through no fault of their own. Client service forms the cornerstone of Attorney Kelly’s practice. He takes the time to meet with his clients one-on-one, answers the phone when they call, and offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee of the quality of his services.
Handling a Wide Variety of Car Accidents in Newton
Kelly & Associates has the capabilities and experience to represent clients injured in any type of car accident, no matter how severe. When an accident victim or victim’s family seeks our help, we take the time to meet with them and learn not just what happened, but also how the accident and injury have had an impact on their lives, relationships, and enjoyment of life.
Though every accident is different, the motor vehicle accident matters we most commonly see are:
- Single-car accidents
- Multi-vehicle crashes
- Collisions between cars and bicycles and pedestrians
- Motorcycle and scooter collisions
- Uninsured motorist cases
- Road rage incidents
- Trucking and commercial carrier claims
- Off-road vehicle crashes
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Accidents resulting in wrongful death
Delivering Client-Centered Legal Services
At Kelly & Associates, we know how disruptive a car accident can be. We don’t expect victims or their families to call us the moment an accident happens, nor do we want them to. Seeking medical care and taking time to heal is always a first priority. But, we do encourage our future clients to reach out to us as soon as they’re ready to meet. Time is of the essence in Massachusetts car accident cases, and we want to give our clients the best shot at compensation by:
- Conducting a thorough investigation – Our car accident representations frequently involve gathering and analyzing evidence that may help us, and a jury, determine who is at fault for our clients’ injuries. We may visit accident scenes, speak with witnesses, and collect reports from law enforcement. We always take the time to meet with our clients face-to-face and to keep lines of communication open and transparent.
- Preparing detailed cases – Attorney Kelly is a trial lawyer first and foremost. He knows the value of preparing every case as if he will need to present it to a jury. That means preparing detailed case files that cover every legal and factual angle. In developing theories of liability, he may engage with experts in the fields of accident reconstruction or medical treatment, among others.
- Negotiating settlements – It is not uncommon for a car accident case to resolve through mutual settlement. We routinely communicate with insurance companies and opposing counsel to explore the possibility of achieving favorable outcomes for our clients before trial. We’re proud to have recovered settlements totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars on behalf of clients injured in car accidents.
- Going to trial – Of course, not all cases can settle before trial. When taking our case to a judge and jury serves our client’s interests, we’re more than ready to do so. Our careful case preparation and client-centered approach shine in the courtroom.
When clients choose Kelly & Associates to represent them in a car accident matter, they get a compassionate, determined advocate whose first priority is achieving the best possible outcome for them and their families.