Our Commitment to Needham Slip and Fall Victims
Needham residents enjoy the convenience of suburban life while being close to all that Boston has to offer. In recent years Needham has attracted businesses and technology firms, such as Trader Joe’s and TripAdvisor, that employ many from the area. Although slip and falls might occur at home and older adults have high risk, slip and falls also frequently happen in the workplace. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) reports that almost one in five occupational injuries that lead to disability occurs because of falls in the workplace.
Regardless of where a slip and fall happens, area native and New England Law School graduate Michael Kelly and his legal team remain committed to those who have been injured in a slip and fall accident. After cultivating his passion for helping injury victims in law school, Kelly transferred that passion to his own firm. The firm’s dedication to obtaining the best outcome for their clients while giving them individualized service includes free consultations, a 30-day satisfaction guarantee, and 24/7 phone availability for clients who have issues or concerns.
The compassionate legal team at Kelly & Associates understands the challenges that come with being injured in a slip and fall accident. Our one-on-one service includes meeting at the hospital or your home if your injuries prevent you from traveling. If you choose us to represent you in your accident case, you won’t have to out-of-pocket. We will collect attorney fees from any compensation that we secure for you.
Causes Slip & Fall Accidents in Needham, Massachusetts
Kelly & Associates has represented clients in a wide variety of slip and fall cases. Common hazards that cause slip and fall accidents include:
- Spills or usage of wet or dry products on smooth floors including water, cleaning products, food, sawdust, oil, grease, blood, and more
- Concrete, ceramic tile, or natural stone floors that have been polished
- Sloped or uneven walking surfaces or paths
- Loose tiles, floorboards, or steps
- Uncleared snow, ice, or debris from driveways, sidewalks, storefronts, parking lots, etc.
- Loose surfaces such as gravel and dirt
How Kelly & Associates Can Help You After a Slip & Fall in Needham
After you have sustained severe or catastrophic injuries from a slip and fall accident, it’s in your best interest to hire a seasoned attorney to handle your case. Here are some of the ways we can help you after a slip and fall accident in Needham:
- We investigate your case and gather evidence that supports your case including speaking to witnesses, taking photos, obtaining police reports and medical records and any other relevant information.
- We consult with our vast network of experts and specialists who can support your case by speaking to your accident, your injuries, and their value.
- We negotiate with insurance companies and other relevant parties of the defense to make sure you get full and fair compensation for your injuries.
- We litigate your case when settlement is not an option and the defense doesn’t want to pay what you deserve for your losses. Michael Kelly is an aggressive litigator who has a record of success in the courtroom.
Immediate Steps After a Slip and Fall in Needham
If you have suffered injuries from a slip and fall accident in Needham, you need to ensure that you have documentation for your personal injury suit. Your attorney will give you specifics, but here are some useful tips about steps to take immediately after your slip and fall:
- Seek medical attention immediately. You might think that you are okay after your slip and fall, but not all injuries show up right away. Less severe fractures and breaks, as well as brain injuries, need to be checked out, so if problems occur later on the insurance company cannot claim that the slip and fall accident did not cause your injury. Head to your usual doctor or a physician at nearby Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital in Needham.
- Take pictures of the scene and your injuries. Property owners have a legal obligation to maintain a safe environment, so when someone is injured, they also have the incentive to remove the hazard that led to your fall. Use your cell phone to take pictures or videos of where you slipped, if you are physically able.
- Only speak with your attorney about your accident. Insurance companies are tricky and will go the extra mile to elicit responses from your or those close to you that might indicate that you are partially responsible for your own injuries. If you don’t chat about your case with others or post about it on social media, you are far less likely to have them use something that you have said against you.
Contact a Skilled Needham Slip and Fall Lawyer Today
If you or one that you love has been injured on another party’s property when you slipped and fell, contact Kelly & Associates for a free consultation to determine your eligibility for compensation.