If you suffered injuries in a car crash, a car accident lawyer in Lynn, MA can help you go after financial damages. You can pursue compensation for your losses, such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
You do not have to go through this experience alone. We can navigate through the claims process and file a lawsuit if the insurance company will not settle the case for a reasonable amount. We investigate all car accident cases that we handle and collect the evidence to build your claim.. When we are on the case, you can focus on getting well while we take care of your legal worries.
Call Kelly & Associates Injury Lawyers at 1-800-LAW-GUYS to get started.
The Amount of Damages
A car accident can turn your life upside down. We are aggressive in going after the damages you need to get back to normal.
We cannot give a dollar amount that represents how much compensation a person will receive for a Lynn, MA car accident injury claim. Every car crash is unique, and each person’s damages can vary.
The damages you can collect will depend on the facts of your situation. The type and severity of your injuries and how the harm you sustained will impact your life are some of the relevant factors.
It can be helpful to understand some of the common categories of damages that people can recover for car accident personal injury claims, including:
- Medical bills. The cost to treat your injuries can be a part of the settlement or award. These expenses can include things like the emergency room, ambulance, doctors, hospital, surgery, physical therapy, and rehabilitation center.
- Ongoing medical care. If you suffered severe harm, like traumatic brain injury or spinal cord damage, you might have to undergo treatment at a specialized rehabilitation facility. Some people need long-term care to provide daily assistance with medical treatments and personal tasks because of catastrophic injuries that result in paralysis, a persistent vegetative state, or cognitive impairment.
- Loss of income. You can seek to recover the income you did not receive because of missing time from work without pay. Depending on your circumstances, you might get compensation for lost wages, salary, self-employment, and other income.
- Decreased earning potential. Some injuries can end or limit a person’s career. Let’s say that you earned a good living as a construction worker. After a back injury from a car crash, you could no longer work in construction. You had to take a lower-paying job at a home improvement store. You can seek compensation for the difference in your income.
- Pain and suffering. Getting your medical bills paid does nothing for the physical discomfort and mental stress you experienced from your injuries.
- Other non-economic losses. Car accidents can cause significant harm that is challenging to measure in terms of dollars because these losses usually do not have invoices or bills.. Disfigurement, post-traumatic stress disorder, and the loss of enjoyment of life are a few examples of intangible losses for which you might be able to pursue compensation.
Every case is different. We will calculate your anticipated damages after we talk with you and investigate your circumstances.