In some cases, slip and fall accidents result in minor scrapes or bruises. Depending upon the details of your accident, you could face a lifelong struggle with pain and increased medical costs. Medical bills, lost wages, and loss of joy are just a few challenges you may face.
Due to the range of damages you may experience, you should consider seeking experienced legal advice from a team who understands the impact a slip and fall accident can have on your life. At Kelly & Associates Injury Lawyers, we understand how an uncertain future can affect your life. Our legal team is here to help you navigate the legal process.
After a Haverhill slip or fall accident, reach out to a slip and fall lawyer in Haverhill, MA, at 1-800-LAW-GUYS. Our team is dedicated to offering one on one legal services designed to make the personal injury process less stressful.
Determining Fault in a Haverhill, MA, Slip and Fall Accident
Our group of lawyers and legal professionals are trained to help you navigate this incredibly difficult situation. Not every slip and fall injury will result in a lawsuit; in order to seek damages, our team will look to prove the following aspects of negligence:
- The defendant had a reasonable responsibility to keep the location safe.
- The defendant failed to maintain a safe premises.
- Their failure resulted in a hazardous situation.
- Their failure to maintain a secure location resulted in damages to you.
For example, say you slip and fall at night in a Haverhill, MA, gas station parking lot due to a large trench that you could not see. The gas station had an obligation to have adequate lighting or to rope off the unsafe area. You may be able to pursue a case against the owner of the building or the company who owns the gas station.
Every slip and fall incident is different, and there may be multiple parties to blame for your injuries. Our team will investigate every possible liable party and pursue the maximum compensation possible.
Damages You May Recover in a Haverhill Slip and Fall Accident
The costs related to a slip and fall accident can range from a single doctor’s appointment to a lifetime of expensive medical care. Due to the range of costs, the amount of damages you recover after your Haverhill, MA, accident will depend heavily on the medical care you require, as well as other details of your accident.
In most cases, we pursue the following types of damages for Haverhill accident victims.
- Medical costs, including surgeries, rehabilitation, medical devices, surgeries, and pain medication.
- Personal property damage, if any property was damaged during the accident.
- Lost wages, including lost future wages if you are no longer able to work.
- Employment benefits if you are unable to resume employment, such as retirement savings and healthcare.
- Pain and suffering damages for the physical pain, fear, anxiety, and inconvenience you face due to the accident
- Wrongful death, if your loved one passes away as a result of injuries sustained in a Haverhill slip and fall incident.
When the careless or reckless actions of another party result in injuries or property damage, you have the right to hold the at-fault party responsible. We can help. Call us today at 1-800-LAW-GUYS for a free, no-obligation review of your Haverhill slip and fall accident.