Being involved in a serious auto accident can be overwhelming and can seriously impact your daily life, along with the lives of your family and friends. Trying to deal with insurance companies can add to the frustration. It’s important that you focus on your recovery and getting your life back on track after an auto accident. This is where we can help.
Retaining a Boston auto accident lawyer can relieve a lot of the stress and anxiety you’re experiencing. At Kelly & Associates, we’ll deal with the at-fault driver’s insurance company while making sure your rights are protected. You need trusted guidance and someone who can answer all your questions during this difficult time. Our goal is to help you get the answers you need and pursue the compensation you deserve after a traumatic event like an auto accident.
Please contact us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Boston auto accident lawyers.
Types of Auto Accident Cases We Handle
Boston is a busy city with a lot of vehicles on the road. According to Boston auto accident statistics, the city averages 3,119 injury incidents each year based on data compiled from 2015 to present. This high injury toll is why the City of Boston has also initiated its Vision Zero program in hopes of completely eliminating serious and fatal traffic collisions across Boston by 2030.
Auto accidents can involve more than just cars. Here’s a look at the types of auto accident cases our attorneys handle:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents can range from single-car crashes to major multi-vehicle pile-ups.
- Truck Accidents: Trucks can range from larger transport vehicles to 18-wheeler rigs. These often involve serious injuries and sometimes fatalities due to the size and weight of the trucks. Truck accidents can be complex, as many involve commercial companies and other defendants if there is an alleged truck defect.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Accidents involving motorcycles are typically serious and can involve major injuries. It’s important to retain Boston auto accident lawyers who have experience handling crashes involving motorcycles as they can be complex, especially in regard to proving liability.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrian accidents can result in serious or catastrophic injuries. Boston has an average of 778 pedestrian incidents each year. Like motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents can be complex, so you want a Boston auto accident attorney who has experience handling pedestrian accidents as well.
How Our Lawyers Can Help After an Auto Accident
If you were injured in an auto accident due to someone else’s negligence, you might be inclined to handle everything on your own. You will need to make important decisions, some of which involve complex legal issues. Making the wrong decision can result in financial disaster. You may not be able to afford medical treatment or get your car repaired.
An auto accident lawyer in Boston can help you navigate the claims process in a variety of ways:
We will take over communication with the insurance company, attorneys, and any other parties involved. We are used to dealing with insurance companies and their defense counsel. We can protect you from relentless insurance adjusters who want to push you into admitting you were at fault. At Kelly & Associates, we will take an aggressive stance in negotiations to help you seek full reimbursement for your damages.
Your attorney will begin immediately working on your case and gather evidence to support your position that the other party was at fault. This is why retaining skilled Boston auto accident attorneys is so important. Your attorneys will collect every bit of evidence possible, which can include obtaining the police report, tracking down witnesses, gathering your medical records and proof of lost earnings, and any other legwork necessary to prove your case.
In complex cases or where the defense doesn’t want to back down on liability, we may need to bring in one or more experts. Our law firm has a network of professionals whom we trust. This can include an accident reconstructionist who can show just how the accident occurred and who is at fault, or it may be a medical professional who can testify that your injuries are consistent with the type of auto accident you were involved in.
Your Boston auto accident lawyer will also verify that every avenue of potential coverage is pursued. This means that if you have uninsured (UM) and underinsured (UIM) motorist coverage on your policy, your attorney will pursue the compensation you are owed. If there is a reason to believe another third party may have some liability, we will pursue that as well. Perhaps the vehicle was owned by a corporation and the driver was on the job, or there are allegations of a defective vehicle part. We will pursue all potential avenues of recovery.
We also have extensive knowledge of applicable laws. This is important when negotiating your case or if it has to go all the way to trial. You want Boston auto accident lawyers who know how to handle a case in the courtroom, not just over the phone when negotiating with the other side.
Compensation in an Auto Accident Injury Claim
Massachusetts is a no-fault insurance state, which means you will need to file a claim with your own carrier first. If your injuries are serious and your claim exceeds $2,000 or meets certain other conditions, like life-changing injuries, you can file a lawsuit to recover damages. Some of the damages you might be entitled to reimbursement for include:
- Medical bills, including future treatment and rehabilitation costs
- Loss of earnings, including future lost wages
- Pain and suffering, which is to compensate you for the physical and emotional trauma you experienced; it may also include monetary compensation for permanent damages or disfigurement, like scarring
- Property damage for your vehicle repairs or replacement if your vehicle was totaled
Schedule a Free Case Consultation Today
If you or a loved one was injured in an auto accident, contact the experienced team of Boston auto accident attorneys at Kelly & Associates today to schedule a free case consultation right away. Let our knowledgeable and compassionate attorneys help you through this challenging time and help you demand reimbursement for the damages you suffered in your auto accident.