If you have been injured in an accident in Brockton that was caused by the negligence of others, you have the right to file a personal injury lawsuit:
- to seek compensation for pain and suffering and inconvenience
- to seek the recovery of lost wages and diminished earning capacity
- to seek reimbursement for out of pocket medical expenses
In Massachusetts, there is no limit to the amount you can be awarded in a personal injury lawsuit.
A personal injury lawyer in Brockton, MA can help you pursue the compensation you deserve. Call Kelly & Associates Injury Lawyers at 1-800-LAW-GUYS to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation and case analysis.
The Harsh Reality of Fighting Insurance Companies
Typically, soon after a car accident, pedestrian accident, bicycle accident, or slip and fall in which you have been injured, you will be contacted by an adjuster from an insurance company. Their primary purpose is to ask you how the accident happened, ask you about your injuries, and make a settlement offer.
You do not have to handle the back-and-forth with the insurance company alone. Let a personal injury lawyer represent you during these negotiations and help you reach a fair settlement agreement that fairly compensates you for the fullest possible extent of your damages.
Resist Pressure to Settle Quickly
Insurance companies will pressure you to accept their first settlement offer by attempting to convince you that:
- a quick settlement will allow you to pay medical expenses at a time you are missing work
- they (the insurance carrier) have handled hundreds of similar cases, and they know what your case is worth
- you are unrealistic if you are hoping to negotiate a higher amount
- they (the insurance company) only hire the best attorneys to represent them in court
- if you hire an attorney to represent you, your case will take years and cost you huge attorney fees
Do not take the insurance company’s arguments at face value, and never allow anyone to talk you out of hiring your own attorney. If you or a loved one was injured, call Kelly & Associates Injury Lawyers at 1-800-LAW-GUYS for a free consultation. We will protect your legal rights.
Do Not Reveal Details About Your Accident to the Insurance Company
If an insurance company asks you for information about your accident, tell them to speak with your lawyer. They do not have your best interests in mind and are only trying to determine if they could argue you were partially responsible for your accident. This could reduce the amount of compensation to which you are entitled.
A personal injury lawyer in Brockton, MA, can protect you during conversations with the insurance company by speaking on your behalf.